Are you an artist looking to build your own portfolio site?
This is a step-by-step guide to building your own artist website using WordPress by an artist who has been creating websites for businesses for 18 years. She has done all the web design research for you and teaches you how the search engines work so your site can be found.
Does building an artist website with full control over your content and saving money in the process appeal to you?
- Have you tried those template sites that are really boring and do not convey your sense of creativity?
- Have you spent hard earn money hiring a web designer and now the site is out of date and you don’t have the money to hire them to do updates?
- Do you want to be on the first page of the search engines?
- Do you want your site and blog under one domain name so you can benefit from the blogging you do and sell more art?
If so, read on…
The goal of this book is to save you time and money. As an artist you need to streamline your web site development so you have more time to create artwork. Struggling with HTML to build your site is not the answer. WordPress takes the pain out of maintaining a site. You will get back to your real work faster and your web presence will be greatly improved.
Did you know that a site that isn’t updated frequently suffers in the search engines?
Google likes a site that is always current. Your visitors will also see that you are an active, busy artist, on the rise. Your website represents YOU on the web. Don’t let it make you look unprofessional. Take Control!
For only $17.99 you can learn the basics of building a portfolio website with WordPress. Download this eBook immediately and get started today.
Buy this book if you are an artist, illustrator or photographer!
In this digital world most artists, illustrators and photographers are computer savvy. If you can upload a photo to Facebook then you can do this. Preparing the images for the site is the hardest part and this book explains it all. You may want to create a custom header or background. Some themes allow you to do that. We are including a FREE Theme with the purchase of this eBook. This theme has the following theme options: header image upload, background image or background color, footer text area, portfolio section separate from your pages or blog posts and the all important Social Media links that will put Facebook, Twitter and RSS feed icons in your header.
Learn from a pro
If you have a little experience with WordPress then this book will teach you more. The things only the pros know. The importance of keyword research and permalinks, the best plugins for artists, how to build the portfolio to rank high in the search engines, naming your images and much more.
Table of Contents
1. Why should you trust me? A little background on Susan Clifton and her experience as and artist and web designer.
2. Isn’t a Freebie site good enough? Find out why the answer is no. In this chapter Susan gives you the ingredients for a great artist website.
3. Do your research. The basics on keyword research and how to find the best keywords for the type of artwork you create.
4. Planning. Beginning steps to building your site. Finding a domain name and web host (if you don’t have one already) and an explanation of what WordPress is.
5. Content Strategy. Preparing your content for the web, photographing your artwork, naming your images, organizing your images, writing home page, artist statement and bio, etc.
6. Learning the Basics. The basics of WordPress with an explanation of the difference between Posts and Pages, Themes and Plugins.
7. Building Your Site. The longest chapter…step-by-step from how to activate your theme, to populating your galleries, creating your menus and inserting your content.
8. Marketing Strategies. The basics of search engine optimization, email marketing, social networking, engagement marketing and measuring your success with Google Analytics.
9. Blogging. To blog or not to blog. Learn how blogging can increase your traffic.
10. Maintenance. Maintenance is more than just updating your site. Learn how to keep your site safe from hackers.
11. How Can We Help. Information on our services. We’re here to help.
Plus Glossary. The terms you need to know when building your own website.
Get it Instantly!
Yes! I understand I download the eBook and FREE theme immediately and start building my site today after my one-time payment of $17.99.
Yes! I understand the format of my book is a pdf and requires the FREE Adobe® Reader® Software.
Yes! I also understand there is no monthly charge and that a portfolio theme is included with the book so I can get started immediately.
Yes! I know that if I’m not happy with the book I can return it within 60 days for a full refund.*
*The Theme bundled with the book is a free bonus and does not have any guarantee.